The Ingoldmells Academy Additional Needs Team.
The team is headed by:
Mrs Sarah Mitchell, who is based at our academy 2 days per week and Deputy SENCo Miss Nicky Hamilton, who is based at Ingoldmells full-time. Both key members of staff always available.
As a team we work hard to ensure that your child achieves their full potential to develops as a whole person by:
- Writing Individual provision Maps (IPM’s) to ensure that your child has bespoke learning targets to help them achieve in our Academy. These targets are reviewed with the children three times a year, and new targets are set.
- Ensuring any intervention is of quality and meets the need of your child, additional from and different to the quality first teaching in the classroom.
- Valuing the pupil voice. Our children are asked regularly about their learning and included in the review process through our ‘All about Me’ sheets.
- Holding regular reviews alongside parents to ensure collaborative learning.
- Being committed to the Code of Practice and ensuring that every child matters.
We are proud:
- Of our links with the other Academies in our cluster and use this to ensure that expertise are shared for the benefit of the children.
- Of our working relationships with outside agencies such as the Educational Psychology Team and Specialist Teaching services.
- Of our approachability and open-door policy.
- The rate of progress achieved by some of our SEN children
If you wish to contact Mrs Mitchel, please see our contact page, directing your enquiry to Mrs Mitchell.
Please let us know of any comments that you may have.