It is important that pupils and parents are fully aware of the Ingoldmells Academy’s high expectations for pupil conduct. High standards of behaviour and work are expected at all times. A positive approach to discipline is taken and pupils are encouraged to show consideration and care for people and property.
Please click here to read our trust-wide behaviour and exclusions policy.
Pupils are to:
- Respect all other people, regardless of race, culture, gender and religion;
- Behave in a quiet, polite and orderly manner;
- Follow the instructions of all staff;
- Wear the full Academy uniform;
- Be punctual for the Academy and for lessons;
- Remove outer clothing (scarves, coats, gloves) before lessons;
- Leave lessons only with permission from a member of staff;
- Have a bag in which to carry books and equipment;
- Look after the Academy property;
- Be clean and tidy at all times;
- Work to the best of their ability during lessons.
Pupils must not:
- Bring mobile phones, iPods or other electrical items to school;
- Use bad language or swear anywhere on the Academy site;
- Wear make-up;
- Write on desks, walls or the Academy fabric;
- Show intimidating behaviour – physically, verbally or otherwise;
- Run along the corridors or on the stairways;
- Interfere with other pupils’ work either physically or verbally;
- Chew gum at any time;
- Access other pupils’ files on the Academy’s computer network.