We aim to build a curriculum which develops knowledge and skills, enabling learners to become independent, confident and capable. We aim to embed a key understanding of how to keep themselves safe online, for children to have the skills and confidence to be able to use computers effectively in their lives, and for them to develop their knowledge and understanding of computer programs and computer systems.
Our aims for Computing link closely to our wider Curriculum Intent – see the table below.
Computing skills stated in the National Curriculum 2014.
- Keeping themselves and others safe online and understand how to interact with others online.
- Understanding how and when to use information technology for a purpose.
- Use algorithms and pieces of code.
- Modify algorithms and pieces of code to serve a specific purpose
- Create algorithms to aid with tasks that we are faced in everyday life
National Curriculum Computing Programmes of Study: